Thinking about trying out triathlon in 2015? Stop thinking about it and start training. The benefits you’ll gain from joining the endurance racing community are nearly endless so let’s highlight the top 20 reasons you are going to start racing in 2015. Here is what is in it for you:
20. Automatic PR, the advantage of trying any new race!
19. Post-race food, there is nothing better than a good BBQ after a race
18. Shiny new metals, who doesn’t love new bling?
17. New T-shirt’s that are suitable for casual Friday, coffee dates, and BBQ’s, let’s just be honest you wont take that bad boy off for a week
16. Finally a good excuse to wear compression socks under your work clothes
15. A new sense of home décor, i.e. mounted finisher metals, race accomplishment plaques, and framed bib numbers
14. Mastering the skills needed to live through a zombie apocalypse, i.e. swim bike or run faster than the next guy
13. A whole new world of shopping to enjoy, enter triathlon toys!
12. An endless amount of social media posts, your friends might be sick of hearing about your workout but don’t worry that’s what your #fitfam is for
11. Extra Motivation to get out of bed at 5am instead of hitting that snooze button, race day is coming!
10. Your friends might think you are crazy, but they will also be impressed
9. Freedom to indulge in the occasional treat, guilt free!
8. The opportunity to consume large quantities of food without expanding your waistline
7. A whole new realm of fitness classes to enjoy i.e. spin class, masters swimming, and triathlon club workouts
6. A great excuse to travel somewhere new, anyone up for a destination race?
5. That extra kick in the butt to get out on your bike and enjoy the sunshine
4. You will get in the best shape of your life
3. More fans than you know what to do with, just make sure you know your race number, people will be calling it out to cheer you on!
2. A sense of accomplishment that only comes from completing something 99% of the population thinks is insane
1. You will be indoctrinated into a whole new tribe of awesome crazy endurance athletes, just like you!
Still not convinced? What is holding you back? Let’s tackle it together! Joining the world of triathlon is best decision I ever made, if you have ever dreamt of finishing a triathlon there is no reason not to, triathlon is for you. Make this year the year you tri, you wont regret it.
What is your favorite perk of racing?
Just getting started? Check out The Triathlon Beginners Series