Friday Five Spread #AwareWithPink!
Today for Friday Five we are spreading #AwareWithPink for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Join in the conversation for your chance to win a pair of AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Wireless Head Phones!
Here we go, five things that make you feel aware and empowered:
1. Tunes that inspire!
As a group fitness and cycling instructor I am always updating my workout tunes to keep my classes fresh and working hard! Right now my top 3 tunes for getting my sweat on include:
- Animal Style – Jackal This is my go to heavy lifting song. When those weights are heavy and the workout is getting tough this song gets me going! I total relate to the intense animal grunting on this track when I am slamming a heavy ball or squatting a heavy rack, can you relate?
- Baddest Things – Party Favor, NYMZ, Bunji Garlin ready to crank up the speed on your next set of sprint intervals? This track will help you turn it out and turn up the power.
- Lambo – Not Your Dope Here is one more song to help you push out that last set of heavy weights or hard interval sets, if this beat doesn’t make you feel like one tough chick I am not sure what will!
2. Give back!
Sometimes I don’t think we realize the powerful effect we have one those around us. Positivity is infectious and you never know who is watching. Show up with a smile, work with enthusiasm, and only post the positive thoughts and aspirations that you truly want to share with the world. This is how I try to live day to day. I have been shocked by the people who have reached out to tell me what an inspiration I have been to them. I have had ladies tell me I gave them the confidence they need to get back into running after having babies. I have had coworkers ask what is the secret to being so happy all of the time. I want to be clear, I am a regular person just like you, I deal with the full spectrum of emotions in a healthy way, I am just lucky enough to live a life in which I see the bright side most of the time, and that’s what I want to share. It’s the little things in life, you never know when you will be someones little thing so show up and share your light.
3. Be a self care advocate
You can not pour from and empty cup. If you want to be there for your family and friends you must first be there for yourself. You have to find what lifts you up and recharges you, and practice in these activities regularly. I know this can be a tough one to put into practice but taking the time to take care of yourself will make you a better partner, parent, and friend. I personally feel best when I take the time to do the following:
- Workout – my workouts are my “me time” not only do they make me feel great and sculpt a strong functional body; They give me time to think through problems, relax, and have time to myself.
- Learn Some Thing New – If you are not moving forward you are moving backwards, we are never stagnate. There is so much wonderful information out there and we live in a time with amazing access to it! I strive to learn something new everyday. Typically through podcasts that I can listen to while checking other things off my to do list, or if I have a little extra time nothing beats curling up with a good book.
- Unwind – Little practices of self care can do a lot to make you feel pampered and cared for. One small practice that feels amazing is oiling your feet. Each night I rub coconut oil with essential oils on my feet. There is something about this practice that makes me feel cared for. While not all of my self care practices are daily finding some time on a regular bases to dry brush and hop into an Epsom salt bath with essential oils truly makes me feel pampered, if there happens to be a new issue of Runners World or Triathlete to enjoy while I relax even better!
4. Inspiring threads!
Who doesn’t love a little fun fitness gear to help get you fired up for those early morning sweat sessions? Here are a few of my favorites:
- For Compression – Skins Compression Tights I have tried out a fair amount of compression gear and Skins are by far the best I have ever owned. They are comfortable, effective, and make you look great!
- For Triathlon – If you are looking for a beautiful, unique, and feminine triathlon kit look no farther than Betty Designs.
- For Cycling – Castelli Cycling hands down makes the best cycling gear, pick up a pair of their Body Paint Bibs if you are looking for a comfortable ride. Or grab a pair of their long fleece Bibs and Jerseys to keep you cozy through the winter. This is premium gear and the price does reflect that. If you want good gear that doesn’t break the bank check out Performance Bicycles‘ in house line, they have really stepped up their game this year!
- For Casual Wear – If you caught last years Fit Girl Holiday Gift Guide then you already know I am a fan of 73 Threads who has awesome unique prints for endurance athletes!
5. Who Inspires You?
My biggest inspiration for leading a healthy life style are my kids. I don’t want to be a mom who tells them what to do, I want to show them how to eat healthy, move their bodies, and accomplish anything that they put their minds to!
Your turn to share the #AwearWithPink message, use the questions above or share your own Friday Five and show us how you stay Aware with Pink – for a chance to win a pair of Pink Trekz Titanium headphones from AfterShokz.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by AfterShokz in an effort to spread awareness about their new Pink Trekz headphones, in partnership with Bright Pink to support and spread awareness around breast cancer awareness. All opinions and words are my own. I truly appreciate all of the brands the support the Sweat Pink community.